[libhid-discuss] hid_force_open & non-root access using udev and also other platforms

Peter Stuge stuge-libhid at cdy.org
Mon Oct 8 09:30:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 05:28:44PM +0800, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> By the way, I think the strong point of libhid is the HID parser.

I agree.

> If you do not need that functionality, you'd better use libusb
> under Linux and use Native HID APIs under other OS.

I disagree strongly.

libusb is only intended for portability. If portability is not an
issue (like when using native APIs on other systems) then don't
bother using libusb - use the native Linux API instead.

Linux also has a HID API. Not stellar by any means and going out of
fashion, but it may work for many things.

//Peter