[libhid-discuss] HID Device hang

ankita prasad prasad.ankita at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:23:05 UTC 2007

Hi People,

I am helping a professor who has written a very basic HID device driver for
his HID device. His code pretty much treats /dev/hiddev0 as a file and uses
ioctl calls  to to open a handle to the file and use it to read from it and
write to it.

When using this driver, he can read and write to the device but after about
one minute, the device hangs. The only thing that I saw in his code is that
he doesn't explicitly blacklist the HID device from the kernel. Could this
be a reason for the sudden hang?

Thanks a lot!
Ankita