[libhid-discuss] Assert Error

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Tue Dec 23 03:25:11 UTC 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Blaine Booher wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>   I am getting the same error when trying to use libhid's python
> module as described here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/
> bugreport.cgi?bug=476525

Sorry, this was the first time I heard about the need for a patch.
Usually, bugs like this in the Debian BTS are tagged "upstream", and
they CC the maintainer. I guess it slipped through the cracks this time.

>   A comment was made that the bug was fixed, and would be available
> at Debian's download "soon".  That message was posted December 13
> (last week) but the trunk still shows the last update as being in
> October.  I have downloaded the latest SVN release but am still
> getting the assert error.
>
>   Any suggestions?  Is there another location to pull the latest
> source from?

If they say that the bug will be fixed in Debian's archive, then you
should be able to find the patch in their archive as well. I don't
know how that works for NMUs, though.

Debian's libhid package is based on an SVN snapshot from 2006. You
may find other differences between that and the current trunk.