[libhid-discuss] finding multile devices

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Sun Jan 13 20:44:32 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Warren Jasper wrote:

> Should this line not read:
>
>   if (usb_claim_interface(usbdev_h, hidif->interface))
> continue;   // returns 0 on success
>
> Now I am "more" certain that devices that need to be matched have
> NOT been matched previously.

I agree, except in cases where usb_claim_interface() fails because we
subsequently need to detach the kernel device driver (a la
hid_force_open()).

Last time I checked (admittedly, not very recently) there is no way
to tell (non-destructively) the difference between a HID device that
has been claimed by the kernel but is not being used in userspace, a
device that has been claimed by the kernel and is actively being
used, and a device that has had its kernel driver detached and may or
may not be used by libusb or libhid.

--
Charles Lepple