[libhid-discuss] Searching for multiple hubs using force_open()

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:24:57 UTC 2008

Ok I wrote my own custom matcher using the bus no and device file name to
distinguish between two usb devices.  It worked fine in a test application I
wrote. But when I tried to use the same technique in the application I was
supposed to use it in , I ran into some bugs..

In my application I read the usb busses every 100 ms or so and then I
compare the handles I got on the second read with the previous read and if
the number of devices I get is different , I update my application to
recgnosize the new device. If  there is a change  then I delete  the  old
handles  I  got and use the new handles to update my program or else I use
my old handle itself and delete the new handles. Sometimes when I have only
one hub connected the no of usb devices read is not stable and keeps varying
between 0 and 1.

I know its hard say anything just by this explanation but any pointers as to
what the problem may be will be helpful.  :)

Thanks
Shivaprasad