[libhid-discuss] branches/0.2.x

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Mon Mar 17 00:16:12 UTC 2008

Some of you may have noticed that I created a branch in SVN for the
0.2.x version of libhid.

I have been a little reluctant to break backwards compatibility, but
with a version number of 0.2 I guess you would expect the API to
change from time to time.

There are a few things I would like to rework, including the matching
code, and being able to specify a patched HID descriptor if the
device firmware is broken. Having read up on the Windows semantics
for ReadFile and WriteFile on HID devices, I think we might want a
simpler read/write interface for times when the report descriptor
only defines a single input and/or output report.

Let me know if you have other ideas.

--
Charles Lepple