[libhid-discuss] Parsing hid_dump_tree()

comicinker comicinker at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 22:20:19 UTC 2008

I slowly understand how the structure of the libhid is. This is really
great work, thanks!

Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 21:01 -0400 schrieb Charles Lepple:
> > AND: How can I get the RECV_PACKET_LEN for this address
> automatically?
> > Or is it always the same length for each address (6)? The
> > test_libhid.c
> > doesn't tell where this value is detected.
>

> It is in the interface descriptor.

However I still wonder how to determine the RECV_PACKET_LEN for specific
addresses, which is required for hid_get_input_report()? I found

hidif->hid_data->Size

which returns the size (8) of the current Usage in Bits. I know that
this Usage is wrapped together with other Usages in one report with the
ReportID 17 and this report is in complete 6 Bytes long. So can I
determine the length of this report? Do I have to loop through the whole
report parser and add up the sizes belonging to that report ID myself?

Bests

comicinker

--
my public key is on