[libhid-discuss] Installing Python wrappers from SVN

Sarah Mount s.mount at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 19:47:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 15:11, Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Sarah Mount wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile and install libhid from the latest SVN source
>> I notice that by default the "prefix" used by configure/make is
>> /usr/local/ which causes a problem with installing the Python SWIG
>> wrappers on Ibex.
>

> Another option might be to download the changeset that you need [355] and
> apply that to the version of libhid in Ubuntu.
>
> http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/libhid/changeset/355
>
> There's a link to the raw patch at the bottom of that page ("Unified Diff")
> and after going through the 'apt-src install libhid' routine, that patch
> should still apply.

Well, this is interesting -- I've never used apt-src before :)

I've tried this now and applied the changeset, but still get the same
error on Ibex. I've managed to find a Ubuntu Hardy machine and on that
the build seems to work. For some odd reason my other Python code runs
vastly slower, but no matter. It would be useful to track this problem
down and fix it though, if that's possible.

Many thanks,

Sarah

--
Sarah Mount, Senior Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton
Web:  http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in0316/

This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally
privileged information.  Any use, disclosure or reproduction without
the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

Any e-mail including its content and any attachments may be monitored
and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security
and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on
internet use. E-mail blocking software may also be used.  The
University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is
virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

If you believe you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any
copies.