[libhid-discuss] MGE, HID Parser and GPL

Tom Isaacson TIsaacson at nextwindow.com
Tue Aug 25 02:29:20 UTC 2009

I've been looking around for an open source library that provides USB
HID support across Win32, Linux and OS X and libhid seems to fit the
bill, but the GPL is a bit of a problem. I went to look at the MGE
webpage for their HID Parser
(http://www.mgeups.com/opensource/projects/hidparser.htm) and I get a
message saying they were merged with another company and the website is
now www.apc.com. I can't find any reference on here to the HID Parser or
open source projects in general. Does this mean they still own it? Is
the GPL in place?

Assuming it is, what happened to the plans to rewrite the HID parser?
Was any work done on this or is it wide open?

On a different note, I originally found libhid on SourceForge but the
CVS repository there doesn't contain any code. Is this a completely
different project or was it an attempt to use a different repository?

Thanks.

Tom Isaacson