[libhid-discuss] MGE, HID Parser and GPL

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 06:43:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Tom Isaacson<TIsaacson at nextwindow.com> wrote:
> I was actually thinking of using the existing libhid code running on
> libusb for Linux and OS X support but changing the code to use the HID
> functions Microsoft has implemented on Windows. This way we can write
> our application using the libhid API and not worry about porting issues.
> I'm not sure if this is something people would want committed to libhid,
> as it somewhat muddies the original intentions of the code.
>
> Unfortunately this is for a commercial application so I can't use libhid
> if it's still under GPL...

What is the funtion you need from libhid which is not available
in libusb? Is your device a real HID device or those pseudo HID
device? If it is the later case, you can use libusb directly without
the need of libhid. libusb itself is licensed under LGPL 2.1.
http://www.libusb.org/

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com