[libhid-discuss] error sending control message

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Wed Feb 4 01:44:26 UTC 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Brent Bushnell wrote:

> For what it's worth, we're having the same issue with a magnetic
> stripe reader from ID Innovations.    Of special interest also, is
> that the report descriptors are unavailable.

Apologies if you've been down this road already, but lsusb won't be
able to see the report descriptors unless you have detached the
kernel's usbhid driver from the interface(s). This is done
automatically in usb_force_open(), and only stays in effect until you
unplug the device. There is also a libhid-detach-device program in
libhid*/src/ that will do just that.

- Charles