[libhid-discuss] HID_Interrupt_write reports OK, but no action on device..

Neil Sutton sutton.nm at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:28:08 UTC 2009

> Thanks for the advice Wingnut I will try out USBSnoop when I get home
tonight..

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc> wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Neil Sutton wrote:
>
>  In Windows I successfully control the device using VB and issue the
>> commands to control the relays using Convert.ToByte(Int)
>> The board has 4 relays and by issuing Convert.ToByte(6) for example I can
>> open a single relay, Convert.ToByte(5) closes the relay.
>> (7) and (8) control another relay.. you get the idea.
>>

> In that case, you probably want to send 6 and 5, or 7 and 8.
>
> Would just sending 0x35 via libhid be the equivilent of using .net's
Convert.ToByte(5) ?
> I have really confused myself with how the data should be presented to
libhid..

Research - www.lvr.com) It does appear to be using a control transfer.
> I'm not sure about output / feature usage.. as that was something I never
dealt with using the LVR code, I just had to point it at the VID/PID and
enter the data to send.
> I did intially use the output report method in libhid but I wasn't sure of
the output path since I couldn't make much sense of the comments in the
example.
> Then I noticed that the output of lsusb said the method was Interrupt so I
presumed I should be using that..?