[libhid-discuss] Examples of hid_get_item_value() usage

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Mon Sep 21 02:30:08 UTC 2009

On Sep 20, 2009, at 10:13 PM, Tom Isaacson wrote:

> One of the things I need to do is implement a HIDInterfaceMatcher
> function that matches the Usage and Usage Page of the device. I’m
> assuming that I can get these values using hid_get_item_value() but
> I’m not sure what parameters it requires.

Most of the hid_* functions are not yet available when the
HIDInterfaceMatcher function is called.

Unfortunately, reading the HID descriptor (and the ensuing Usage Page/
Usage values) is generally limited to programs or drivers which have
claimed the HID interface already, and the HIDInterfaceMatcher
function is called before a given device's interface is selected to be
claimed.