[libhid-discuss] libhid_interrupt_read returns same value for three keys

Alexander Juling a_juling at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 22 07:01:53 UTC 2009

Charles Lepple schrieb:
> On Sep 16, 2009, at 4:42 AM, Alexander Juling wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately I got stuck now with a major problem. The keyboard is
>> not in a standard keyboard body, so the labeling of the keys differs
>> from a standard one. This won't be a problem unless three of the keys
>> return the same result for the interrupt read function. Is there any
>> way to differ the three key from each other? Unfortunately I cannot
>> figure out, which keys they are originally.
>
> Is it possible that you need to send some additional information to
> put the keyboard into a different mode?
>
> I don't know much about it, but HID keyboards have a "boot protocol
> mode" which is supposed to be a simplified version of the HID protocol.
>
> What does 'lsusb -v' say for this keyboard?

I just need to know, which key is pressed and additional would send some
information to the keyboard that will enable the caps-lock light or the
num-lock light, but that seems to be another topic (even though it would
be nice to receive an answer if you know it right now). The important
part is, that three of the keys send back the same information back as
it seems.

I'm right now not at the office to send the lsusb -v, will do it tomorrow