[libhid-discuss] Misunderstanding input and output paths

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Tue Apr 20 06:50:09 UTC 2010

I have a DCDC-USB smart PSU from mini-box.com:
http://www.mini-box.com/DCDC-USB

It appears to be an HID device, and the source code available on that
website uses HID code on windows.

I'm trying to write code to interface with this device, and I'm basically
just confused. The output of lsusb -vvv for that device is here:
http://icculus.org/~chunky/stuff/dcdcusb/dcdcusb-lsusb-vvv.txt

I'm reading the sample sourcecode on the libhid page, and it tells me
how to work out the path to access the input and output paths. That
seems predicated on a single input and output path, but the lsusb dump
above contains a bunch of each. Right at the end it mentions a specific
pair of endpoints [0x81, 0x01] but I'm not clear whether that actually
has any bearing on the path as libhid would find it useful.

I've written some code [mainly copied outright from the libhid test
example], here:
http://icculus.org/~chunky/stuff/dcdcusb/main.c

The output from that program is:
http://icculus.org/~chunky/stuff/dcdcusb/set_output_report_output.txt

Overall, I'm just confused as to what's going on or how to progress and
make this work. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do
from here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank-you very much,
Gary (-;