[libhid-discuss] HIDAPI license (was Re: unable to include hid.h in C++)

Donald Kayser linux at kayser.net
Sat Oct 30 16:01:09 UTC 2010

I let the legal department figure out this stuff. I looked briefly at
the website of HIDAPI and they wanted money, so it is no-go. I don't
need cross-platform support, Windows and HID devices and our
application have a completely different mechanisms in Windows and Linux.

So, I have moved on. libusb-1.0 has all of the API that I need to
detach the kernel HID driver, which is necessary for our use.