[libhid-discuss] libhid + swig -> c#

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:39:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Rudolf Muehlbauer
<rudolf.muehlbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the wonderful replies,
>
> I was already aware of the LibUsbDotNet und HIDAPI. My guess was that
> libhid would not be worth the effort - since with such a library my
> deployment would get more difficult. When I only use the LibUsbDotNet
> and write my HID-related code myself, I would not need an additional
> Library, libusb is available in most distributions I think.
>
> I will try to write the HID code in C# with LibUsbDotNet like in this
> example: http://www.lvr.com/code/generic_hid.c

That code was adapted from my original code. :-)
"This firmware is adapted from code provided by Xiaofan."

The main issue if you want to use libusb-1.0 with HID device
is when you want to have cross-platform capability. There is
no HID backend for Mac OS X and it is not easy now to
detach the kernel driver. And the Windows HID backend
is removed thanks to Peter Stuge's vehement objection to the
idea.

So you may want to look HIDAPI instead...

--
Xiaofan