[libhid-discuss] Libhid

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 03:26:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Info <info at solinvictus.it> wrote:

> Hello, I have to use libhid in python. I tried test_libhid, and I'm
> able to open and close the hid port, get the identification and
> parameters of the hid port.
> I don't understand how to read and write packets on the port, I
> searched on the web other examples and documentation but I
> found nothing.
> Can anyone help me?

Depending on the HID device, you may or may not want
to use libhid. The strong point of libhid lies in the HID parser.

If it is a generic HID device then you may want to take a look
at HIDAPI which is cross-platform.
http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/

Rough Python wrapper for HIDAPI.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyusb.user/752

If you are using Windows only, pywinusb can be used for
HID device.
http://code.google.com/p/pywinusb/

BTW, there is another libhid on github now, the name is
unfortunate since the author did not know the existence of this libhid.
http://bfoz.github.com/libhid/index.html

--
Xiaofan