[libhid-discuss] Question about hid_force_open failed

Shen Chuan shen at minutekey.com
Wed Aug 27 14:49:49 UTC 2014

Hello Charles,

Sorry for the late reply. Last week we were debating if we want to add this
libhid communication device software into our build. We were trying to
communicate with the cardreader. But looks like the communication c code
provided for magtek reader is not working consistently among different
models of our PCs. We had Lenovo m71e and this model always works without
-13 issue but not the other models. When I was trying to debug with strace
and management decided not to spend more time on it and the strace is not
available in our PCs in suse platform so I stopped from there.

I attacked the c program and libhid rpm we experimented in the attachment.
Sorry genuinely want to contribute more to the society.

And thank you for your help with the NUT ups, we were using EATON 3S and
Tripplite. The ups software performs very well in the field.

Thank you again

Shen