Fwd: Very valuable library

Luis M. de la Cruz Salas luiggix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:08:33 UTC 2007

Hi Sylvian,
Thanks a lot for your response.

> This is the typical use case of the library. And it is illustrated in
> the file test_kdtree.cpp:
> ~/libkdtree_0.6.2/exemples/test_kdtree.cpp
> The function that find the nearest point to a definite point is
> rightfully named find_nearest().

I think I have understood the example, I was not so hard as I
though ;). I have begun to made some modification on this example
for my own stuff.

> I recommend you register on the mailing list, and lookout for the next

Am I not registered yet?. I though I did it before send my first message,
let me double check.

> update (probably during the week end). find_nearest() is undergoing a
> massive overhaul resulting in good performance improvements, and
> results of highest quality. (The current algorithm sometime fails to
> find the real nearest points).

Very good. Actually the points I got are not exactly in the circle I've
defined. I have attached the modified program and the file containing
a test set of points. The program output two files:
"bruteforce.dat", the points inside a circle using "Brute Force", and
"nearest.dat" using your nice algorithms. They differ in some points.
My guess is that the function: find_within_range() computes a rectangle,
but not a circle, am I right?.

Regards,

--
Luis M. de la Cruz S. Ph-8D