warnings with gcc4

Sylvain Bougerel sylvain.bougerel.devel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:15:00 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Tomáš Kazmar <Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Second I hit some warnigns compiling the example with gcc 4.2.1.
> Some initialization syntax things which can be easily fixed and
> some warnings about strict aliasing which can be turned off.
> I attach a diff to illustrate.

Hi Tomáš

We just moved the new repository, and added some new patch. You get
the warning because I turned them on for compilation. I will soon
commit and push my changes to the repository, if I don't fall asleep
before.

Kindly ignore the warnings at the moment. Later versions should not
produce any. And if it still does I need to fix it.

> The latter warnings look really awful and makes compiler output
> unreadable:
>
> ../kdtree++/kdtree.hpp: In member function 'KDTree::_Node<_Val>*& KDTree::KDTree<__K, _Val, _Acc, _Cmp, _Alloc>::_M_root() const [with unsigned int __K = 3u, _Val = triplet, _Acc = std::pointer_to_binary_function<triplet, int, double>, _Cmp = std::less<double>, _Alloc = std::allocator<KDTree::_Node<triplet> >]':

Yeap, and I removed all these one by one :-)

- Sylvain