Single dimension search

Sylvain Bougerel sylvain.bougerel.devel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:30:51 UTC 2008

Just a quick one,

I dunno your project, but if you are interested in multi-dimensional
sorting combined with data base capability (you seem to be interested
in persistence here, but you might also want the rest of ACID), you
can consider using a Z-curve as a primary key for a Berkeley DB.

Z-curve (quite easy to implement comparing to UB-tree) on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-order_%28curve%29

I'm saying this just in case it's better suited to your project... But
the above will definitely not be as fast as good old kd-tree.

Sylvain