Ray tracing

Olivier Tournaire olitour at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:39:38 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I recently discovered libkdtree++ and it seems to be really interesting.
However, before using it in one of my project, I need a few questions and I
hope you could help me.
I need to index triangles for fast intersection with rays computing. So, I
think I have to write two classes, one for 3d points, another for 3d
triangles which contains 3 points  as members. First question: which
operators do I have to define in order to buil a kdtree to index my
triangles ? Next, how do I instanciate the KDTree class ?
Then, I would like to know, once the kdtree is built, which cells are
intersected by a given 3d ray. How can I achieve this ? Last, once I know
which cells the ray goes through, I would like to access the triangles
contained in. Any tip ?

Hope I am clear enough to get some help ...

Best regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier Tournaire