Dynamic dimensions

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sat Mar 28 07:33:45 UTC 2009

also sprach Willi Richert <w.richert at gmx.net> [2009.03.28.0004 +0100]:
> It is needed so that bindings with dynamic typing (Python) don't
> have to instantiate each possible dim x type combination. The
> dimension is only specified once at the constructor.

That change sacrifices all the type-safety of C++ though. Now all of
a sudden, a 3D-tree is of the same type as a 4D-tree. I don't like
it. There must be a better way for swig to handle this, isn't there?

Anyway, I am not developing anymore, so feel free to ignore what
I have to say...

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"the pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
                                                      -- oscar wilde