KD Tree Range Queries

Thierry Moreira thierrypin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:25:23 UTC 2016

Hello Sylvain,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Apparently, the visit_within_range() function is the same as
find_within_range(), but with a different action for the selected points.
It finds all the points inside a square region, right? What if I need it to
be rectangular?

Regards,

Thierry

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Sylvain Bougerel <
sylvain.bougerel.devel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> What you are looking for is orthogonal range search. It is definitely
> possible to do that with libkdtree. Please have a look at the
> visit_within_range() function, which fits the use case you are looking for.
>
> Regards
> Sylvain
>
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:50 Thierry Moreira, <thierrypin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm new to the library and I'm facing trouble with range queries. What I
>> want to do is find all the points within a given rectangle. I know this as
>> "range query". (link below)
>>
>> http://www.cise.ufl.edu/class/cot5520fa09/CG_RangeKDtrees.pdf (Kd-trees
>> -> Querying in kd-trees)
>>

>> Apparently, the only type of searching in range available is having a
>> point and finding all the nearest points, with a tolerance.
>>
>> Is it possible to do what I want with this library?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Thierry P. Moreira

Thierry P. Moreira