[Netconf-devel] Re: gifupdown [Fwd: Re: About ifupdown on Debian]

Thomas Hood jdthood@aglu.demon.nl
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:06:56 +0200

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: G. Colangelo <binarym@psycho-hazard.net>
To: Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: About ifupdown on Debian
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:17:48 +0200
Le Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:04:57 +0200
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> a =E9crit:

> I looked at the code and it seems to assume that a logical interface
> named 'foo-bar' will always be applied to a physical interface named
> 'foo'.

Yes you're right.
I thought that the "interfaces" file handled network profiles
that (that's why i told you i must read again the interfaces manpage)

> Better would be:
>=20
>     eth0
>         home   <details>
>         work   <details>
>         (off)  =20
>     wlan0
>         home   <details>
>         work   <details>
>         (off)

Ok, i'll modify it that way.

> What exactly do you mean by "add/remove profiles from the interface"?=20
I want to permit users to modify the interfaces file throught my app.

After reading quickly your interfaces file, i finally figured out that i
really misunderstood the interfaces file.

By now, i convinced that my app isn't ready to be added to Debian
packages !
I have to work more on it ...=20
I will recontact you when my app will be finished :)

Thanks a lot for your time and help !

Regards,
--=20
Thomas Hood <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl>