[Netconf-devel] ajt says that nobody offered ifupdown co-maintainership

Thomas Hood jdthood@aglu.demon.nl
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:49:50 +0100

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 10:02 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> I would be willing to be member of a maintainter team, but I am
> obviously not qualified to do any actual work on the package. I can
> build and upload though.

You are too modest.

> Everything is better than the current status quo, especially regarding
> the fact that the BTS is becoming increasingly complex due to the
> gazillion "fixed in NMU" and "NMU patch" bugs.

Agreed.

> > I have not made any offer to take over the package or co-maintain
> > because I am not a DD.  If I am ever admitted as a DD then I might make
> > such an offer, unless of course the problem is solved first in some
> > other way.
>
> You can co-maintain the package and have the main maintainer sponsor
> your uploads. Didn't ajt sponsor one of the NMUs?

No, he didn't.

> I am willing to participate in ifupdown development as building and
> uploading co-maintainer if:
>
>   - The maintainer field of the package points to a mailing list,
>     allowing easy cooperation within the maintainer team, and

How about this mailing list?

>   - The package is maintained in some sort of version control system
>     with commit access for the developers (such as svn or arch on Debian
>     infrastructure, e.g. alioth).

I would be happy to maintain the package in svn on alioth.  It could be
done in the netconf project too.

> I am not going, however, to write the offer of co-maintainership to
> ajt myself, but I might be willing to sign one.

OK.  So we need to find someone to take the lead.
--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl>