Admin: moving the git.debian.org repository

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sat Jun 23 13:18:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

due to a misunderstanding of git when setting it up, I ended up
adding a level of directory hierarchy to the netconf git repository
that is not needed. Thus I would like to change the path from

  (ssh|git)://git.debian.org/git/netconf/netconf/master.git

  (ssh|git)://git.debian.org/git/netconf/netconf.git

Rationale: git keeps branches within a single repository (unlike
subversion), so I did not need to provide for having sibling
directories next to master.

You can continue using your local checkouts by simply changing two
files:

  cd $REPO
  grep -rl 'netconf/master\.git' .git \
    | xargs sed -i -e 's,netconf/master\.git,netconf.git,g'

The old path will continue to work for a while.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"i believe that the moment is near when by a procedure
 of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible
 to systematise confusion and contribute to
 the total discrediting of the world of reality."
                                                      -- salvador dali