dhclient-script, hooks, and changing the environment

Daniel Bayer daniel at halbordnung.de
Sat Aug 23 19:00:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:10:56PM -0300, martin f krafft wrote:
> having gotten over the rage that caused [0] to be written, I am now
> trying to make an informed decision about how netconf should
> integrate DHCP hooks. I thus seek your opinion and experience and
> would appreciate your help.

I used hooks, which mangled the environment in such a way that the
default route was not set but instead a host route to my openvpn
server via the announced default gateway. Including a simple detection
if I'm home or not. It was, combined with ifplugd and guessnet, a
really nice setup.

Regards,

Daniel