[Neurodebian-users] anyone from ...intra.cea.fr ?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:12:29 UTC 2011

> I doubt that we can get a public mirror. CEA is not very public-friendly.
> Maybe we can get a private mirror, though, if we are taking too much load
> from you.

On this note, if others want to make their own local mirror, debmirror
is the tool of choice. If you are really into disk space you can rsync
the entire respository but here is what I use to mirror just the amd64
binaries (no source) of Ubuntu maverick, natty and oneiric. We then
use this mirror locally in the whole department as this makes for a
whole lot faster installs and upgrades.

#! /bin/sh

arch=amd64
dist1=maverick
dist2=natty
dist3=oneiric
dest=/export_mirror

# debmirror options
opts="--ignore-release-gpg --ignore-missing-release
--ignore-small-errors --passive --nosource"

host=neuro.debian.net
root=debian
echo "------------------ mirror for $dist from $host ------------------"
debmirror $opts --progress \