[Neurodebian-users] Debian testing (wheezy) and fsl installation problem

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Wed Jul 20 19:22:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 08:34:46PM +0200, Christian Kaufmann wrote:
> According to the package list for Debian testing (wheezy) fsl seems
> already packaged for this release. Am I missing something obvious
> here? Any ideas?

Unfortunately yes. The reason is that fslview (on which fsl depends) is
no longer installable in Debian wheezy and up. The FSL authors are
working on a version that no longer depends on the Qt3 library, but
haven't released it yet (although it has been promised).

I'd recommend you make your needs known on the FSL mailing list. As soon
as this new source code release is available, we'll make it available on
NeuroDebian again.

For now you could try installing the fslview package from a another
flavor of Debian or Ubuntu that is hopefully library compatible with the
current Mint (try squeeze or maverick). This will satisfy the dependency
and allows you to install fsl too.

On a more general note, we would be interested in knowing how well our
Debian packages work in Mint (we don't use it ourselves). If there are
issues and enough users, we might add a dedicated repository suite for
Mint in the future...

Michael

--
Michael Hanke