[Neurodebian-users] matlab-spm8 fails to install due to missing gcc

Holger Krause Holger.Krause at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Jul 26 09:16:00 UTC 2011

Am Montag, 25. Juli 2011 schrieb Yaroslav Halchenko:
> Hi Holger,
>
> thanks for the report
>
> I guess we should indeed recommend (or even depend) on unversioned gcc
> package as well since now we have only
>
> Recommends: libstdc++6-4.4-dev | libstdc++-dev
>
> which should have pulled in the corresponding versioned gcc... what do
> you have for
>
> /bin/ls /usr/bin/gcc*

11:07:44 krause at metta:~$ /bin/ls /usr/bin/gcc*
/usr/bin/gcc-4.4

> and
>
> dpkg -l gcc*

11:08:08 krause at metta:~$ dpkg -l gcc*
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                                    Version
Description
+++-=======================================-
=======================================-
un  gcc                                     <none>
(no description available)
ii  gcc-4.4                                 4.4.3-4ubuntu5
The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-4.4-base                            4.4.3-4ubuntu5
The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
un  gcc-4.4-doc                             <none>
(no description available)
un  gcc-4.4-locales                         <none>
(no description available)
un  gcc-4.4-multilib                        <none>
(no description available)

(Sorry for the linebreaks.)

I installed the unversioned gcc package, during this "matlab-spm8" was
successfully configured. Letting "matlab-support" depend on "gcc", seemingly
would avoid this problem.

Thank you for maintaining neurodebian!

Holger