[Neurodebian-users] Ubuntu 10.10, csh or tcsh and FSL 4.1

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 16:35:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:15:24AM -0400, Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D. wrote:
> Hi Michael
>
> Thank you for the quick reply and the advice on an adequate shell for both
> FS and FSL.
>
> The commands I had difficulty with stem from the use of FS5.1.0 and the
> trac-all - prep command that calls a number of FSL routines. The
> configuration file and the routines that it calls seem to be written for
> csh/tcsh.

Even if that command uses csh inside, it should inherit all settings from
a parent non-csh shell. Are you running the example call you gave in a
csh session or in some other shell?

FSL also has several commands that rely on csh -- and they work just
fine when ran from bash/dash/zsh/...

> I have encountered errors, and still do even with fslmachtype.sh and the csh
> apparently working correctly, that imply that my FSL distro is not sourced
> properly. Here is an example of the output from trac-all -prep -c when it
> faults before even processing one subject (thank you in advance for any
> advice):

Yes, the csh config shipped with the package is not appropriate (it is
what comes with stock FSL, untouched). But in general you should not
need it, as long as you don't insist on running csh as your interactive
shell.

Let me know,

Michael

--