[Neurodebian-users] Ubuntu 10.10, csh or tcsh and FSL 4.1

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 17:13:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 06:54:59PM +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:35 -0400, Michael Hanke wrote:
>
> > Yes, the csh config shipped with the package is not appropriate (it is
> > what comes with stock FSL, untouched). But in general you should not
> > need it, as long as you don't insist on running csh as your interactive
> > shell.
>
> Since it is known to not to work, does it make sense to ship it at all?

It is not shipped as a config file, and not mentioned in the manpage. I
do know 2 (in words: _two_) people on this planet that insist on csh being
the answer to all things and use it as interactive shell. Those guys
take this file and trim it to suite their needs.

Since we are an all-welcoming, all-inclusive project, I tend to keep it
in -- and leave it broken to convey the "don't do this at home" message
;-)

Michael

--
Michael Hanke