[Neurodebian-users] Improvements for "How to setup repository"

Stephan Gerhard connectome-ml at unidesign.ch
Wed Mar 2 10:26:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

While assisting a colleague of mine setting up the NeuroDebian
repository, we came to the conclusion the "How to use the repository"
section on the frontpage could be made much easier to understand.
Optimally, it should just show the commands to enter in the bash. Here a
proposal for improvement:

* The idea would be to have two selection fields to setup the location
(which selects the mirror), and the operating system.

* Then, the display box shows the commands to enter in the bash, which
is dynamically updated e.g. using jQuery.

* I found for PySide a very easy way to add repositores:
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/PySide_Binaries_Linux
Would this be possible for NeuroDebian as well?

I could help with the implementation of these changes if wanted.

Best regards,
Stephan