[Neurodebian-users] Condor with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Kaj Wiik kaj.wiik at utu.fi
Mon May 16 12:34:36 UTC 2011

Hi!

We do not need Globus, at least soon, so a backport would be very welcome! I
tried the 'official' debian package but it did not really work at all (that
was also the consensus of the condor-user maiiling list).

I would be glad to beta-test the Neurodebian condor package.

Cheers,
Kaj

On May 16, 2011 3:19 PM, "Michael Hanke" <michael.hanke at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:02:16PM +0300, Kaj Wiik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just found your excellent pro...
Thanks! Glad to be useful for astronomers too ;-)

> I noticed that you have not built Condor for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, is
> there a specific reason? I as...
Condor is a very much experimental package right now. The main reason
that we haven't built it for lucid is that lucid doesn't have globus
packages available. Depending on what parts of condor you need
(parallel-, grid-, standard-, ...-universe), we might be able to do and
build a quick backport -- or incorporate you backport patch and have it
built automatically from there on.

Let me know what you need and we'll see how we can get there. We are
also keen on having more testers for condor...

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Hanke