[Neurodebian-users] Problem with MIPAV

Lorenzo Bandieri lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:34:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install mipav on an Acer Extensa 5230E running Debian
testing (i686).

When I try to run mipav from the command line, nothing happens.

With -v, I get several java errors which I'm not posting since I think
it is more an upstream problem.

 Anyway, before reporting upstream, I would like to try to install the
latest mipav release, which is 6.0.1 (2012-11-14).

My questions are:

1. Are there any plans to update mipav to this release anytime soon?

2. I was thinking of recompiling mipav to see if I can update the
package to the latest release on my own (which, given the choice, I'd
prefer not to do since it would be my first time recompiling a debian
package, hence question 1), however I cannot retrieve the source.

# apt-get source mipav
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for mipav

Any suggestion on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Lorenzo