[Neurodebian-users] installing neurodebian vm

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 19:18:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:10:13PM -0700, Carl Turner wrote:
> Indeed these urls do not seem to be active. Would this be due to the
> server being down or should the vm be updated?

The VM tries to use a mirror close to you, but relies on a service that
abuses the DNS protocol and sometimes fails in environments with a
really protective sysadmin ;-)

You can simply do this manually by selecting a close-by mirror here

http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

and change the associated address in /etc/apt/source.list to point to
this mirror instead.

Let me know if you need help doing this.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de