[Neurodebian-users] FSL and Condor

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Tue May 15 18:36:13 UTC 2012

Hey,

back with the solution -- hopefully!

It was all in your original post -- I just missed it...

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 01:47:05PM +0200, Bertram Walter wrote:
> - condor_status gives now:
>
> Name               OpSys      Arch   State     Activity LoadAv Mem
> ActvtyTime
>
> slot1 at bion05.uni-g LINUX      X86_64 Owner     Idle     0.370  3960 0+00:00:04
> slot2 at bion05.uni-g LINUX      X86_64 Owner     Idle     0.000  3960 0+00:00:05
                                       ^^^^^

This means your Condor is not able to utilize the slot it this point --
it belongs to the "Owner" of the compute ressource and not to Condor.
This is the default setting. In the blog post it says:

	By default, Condor will only run jobs when the machine is idle. If you
	want to run jobs immediately when they are submitted you need to change
	the configuration slightly. To do this run:

	% sudo dpkg-reconfigure condor

If you haven't set the Condor package to "Run jobs regardless of other
machine activity" you'll get the above output. Condor will only execute
jobs for as long as the machine is otherwise idle. You can check this
with

% condor_config_val START
TRUE

If your output is different we have nailed down the problem.

Let me know,

Michael

--
Michael Hanke