[Neurodebian-users] python package muddle

Morgan Hough morgan.hough at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:33:07 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I was trying to install cmp (connectome mapper) but I didn't have python-traitsgui installed. If I try that I get:

mhough at cerebrum:~/Development/cmp$ sudo apt-get install python-traitsgui
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 python-traitsgui : Depends: python-traitsbackendwx but it is not going to be installed or
                             python-traitsbackendqt but it is not going to be installed

If I try and install python-traitsbackendwx

mhough at cerebrum:~/Development/cmp$ sudo apt-get install python-traitsbackendwx
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libqscintilla2-8 python-numexpr python-sphinx libx264-120 python-pygments
  python-cfflib python-dipy-lib sphinx-doc python-nipype docutils-common
  python-qscintilla2 python-h5py python-lxml mencoder libjs-underscore
  libmp3lame0 python-docutils python-vtk sphinx-common liblzo2-2 python-dipy
  docutils-doc python-tables python-markupsafe python-roman python-jinja2
  tcl-vtk libjs-sphinxdoc
  python-traitsgui
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  connectomeviewer mayavi2 python-apptools python-chaco python-enable
  python-envisage python-pyface python-surfer python-traitsui
  python-traitsbackendwx python-traitsgui

Does anyone have some suggestions to how I can track down the specific problem or perhaps know what might be happening here? I did try things like apt-get clean, etc. already. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

While I am sending something anyway I just want to say how cool the fsl_sub/condor integration is.

Cheers,

-Morgan