[Neurodebian-users] [Neurodebian-upstream] [Fwd: [NEST_USER] Increasing Community Involvement in NEST Development]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Sep 20 07:34:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I apologize for forwarding this message to the list without any
commentary last week... I was on the move, but I thought that it is
important to spread the word ASAP.

So, basically, the news are as follows:

1) NEST will be released under GPL, which, among others, opens the
possibility for inclusion into NeuroDebian / Debian

2) NEST source code will be available from a version control repository,
new more open development workflow is going to be established

3) NEST Initiative will be transformed into a foundation that will own
the property rights and back the development of the simulator

The development process and foundation statues are still being
discussed, so if you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to make
yourself heard on the NEST users list. Also, be sure to let the
developers know if you support these motions!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev