[Neurodebian-users] last version of scipy

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Jun 26 13:42:14 UTC 2013

Hi Romain,

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, romain valabregue wrote:
> How to get the last versio of scipy.

from their git repository I guess:
http://github.com/scipy/scipy

> I try to download the last scipy version (0.12 instead of the 0.7 in
> the neurodebian repository)

well -- generally speaking we are not providing scipy from NeuroDebian.
We do provide a single bugfix revision for squeeze which
incorporated a functionality fix we needed, but otherwise scipy is
provided by your distribution.

> I get the following error

>  python setup.py build

> error: Command "gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g
> -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
> -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/numpy/core/include
> -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c scipy/integrate/_quadpackmodule.c -o
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/scipy/integrate/_quadpackmodule.o"
> failed with exit status 1

> I work on a    Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.6 (squeeze) (with the
> neurodebian repository)

> Any Idea ?

well -- it seems you have cut your error msg too early -- may be some
other lines would have hinted on the actual problem?

also -- if possible, I would recommend upgrading to wheezy.  That one
would provide you with scipy 0.10.1

Is there a particular functionality/fix you are after in the recent
scipy release(s)?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org