[Neurodebian-users] Problem with dcm2nii

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Mar 25 13:58:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Kirsch, Peter wrote:

>    Dear colleagues,

>    I have a somehow strange problem with dcm2nii (Version 12 12 2012) which I

just to make clear -- are you sure on the version, since we have only
20120505 in NeuroDebian: http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/mricron.html

$> dcm2nii | head -1
Chris Rorden's dcm2nii :: 5 May 2012 (Debian)

so I guess we are yet to update the package to 20121212

>    installed with  MRICron from the NeuroDebian source. When running it on an
>    Ubuntu 12.04 64bit machine it does not convert the correct number of files
>    (from a  192 slices MPRage, Siemens Trio IMA format, it finds and converts
>    129 slices and from a 42 directions DTI data set it identifies 28 files).
>    However, when using exactly the same dcm2nii version on a CentOs 6.3 64bit
>    machine, everything works perfect. Since I use a mounted fileserver
>    directory, the files used in both cases are even physically the same. Is
>    there anybody out who experienced the same problem or might even know a
>    solution?

I think one of our lab mates had similar problem (CCed) -- Andy, could you
elaborate either this sounds similar to the problem you ran into?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org