[Neurodebian-users] Problem with dcm2nii

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:56:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Kirsch, Peter <Peter.Kirsch at zi-mannheim.de
> wrote:

> Sorry for not answering, I did not receive your replies (Anyway, thanks
> for the fast response). I now subscribed to the list…****
>
> It might indeed be the case that I replaced the May 5 version with the
> December 12 version from my CentOS machine (I thought I did it the other
> way around) but in any case: the behavior did not differ at all.

Does that mean you are seeing the problematic behavior with the NeuroDebian
version from May _and_
with a Centos version from December on the same Ubuntu machine, but it
works on Centos?

This would be surprising, as dcm2nii is self-contained and doesn't use any
system libs:

% ldd /usr/bin/dcm2nii
not a dynamic executable

If you can confirm this, we might need to look for reasons beyond the scope
of dcm2nii.

As a sidenote: what happens if you run 'dinifti' from the 'dicomnifiti'
package on the files?
Not sure if it handles IMA files, but it should work fine for DICOMs

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de