[Neurodebian-users] installing cmtk without sri24-atlas

Gregory Jefferis jefferis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:50:35 UTC 2014

On 20 Feb 2014, at 04:33, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> Hi Gregory,
>
> sudo apt-get install cmtk --no-install-recommends

Thanks. I'm not familiar with debian as you can see. Is there an easy way for me to figure out what the dependencies are for a given package and whether they are recommended or essential?

>> Also while I am asking, is there a way to set a mirror preference order (the US mirrors are likely quite a bit faster than e.g. Munich which was chosen for the last build).
>
> SURE -- just specify both mirrors in one file with first one being of
> preference... at some point amazon provided us some credits for mirror in S3,
> and I kept syncing it there from time to time, so eventually we should
> formalize it and make available publicly - may be it would be the most
> efficient for travis.
>
> also for travis you can use 1 liner setup now
>
>    - bash <(wget -q -O- http://neuro.debian.net/_files/neurodebian-travis.sh)

Thanks. That looks useful.

> what system do you use for monitoring/filming your flies behavior (positions,
> trajectories)? or you don't?

We don't do much of this, but we have used

http://ctrax.sourceforge.net/
http://jaaba.sourceforge.net/

I think the approach is pretty general, but the it would be worth talking to the developers at early stage if someone wanted to try a new class of animal/setup.

Thanks again,

Greg.