[Neurodebian-users] OpenGL support issue.

Jamie Hanson jamielarshanson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:26:14 UTC 2014

Hi NeuroDebian Folks,

I'm using a virtual machine on my Macbook Pro and had a recent issue
pop up with caret. Previously, I remember it working, but after
tweaking some settings (with my CPU usage or during my fsl install), I
now get an OpenGL error (shown below).

I'm using 4 cores for my processor, enabling 32 MBs for video memory,
and have 3D acceleration now on (turning it on or off still yielded
the error). I tried to check nvidia-xconfig, but didn't have my luck
(error output also below). For my Oracle VM settings, I have the max
guest screen size be automatic and on the neurodeb disk image, I have
the display set to 1280x800. I just downloaded everything so I think
all my versions are up to date.

Pardon the novice question, but any thoughts on troubleshooting this?
I wasn't sure if I needed to export my display variable or ??? I also
put info about my graphics chipset below.

Thanks much!
jamie.

=====

brain at neurodebian:~$ caret5
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
This system has no OpenGL support. Exiting.

=====

root at neurodebian:/etc/X11# gksu nvidia-settigns

(gksu:3128): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

(gksu:3128): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

(gksu:3128): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

=====

  Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
  Type: GPU
  Bus: Built-In
  VRAM (Total): 512 MB
  Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID: 0x0126
  Revision ID: 0x0009
  Displays:

Color LCD:
  Display Type: LCD
  Resolution: 1280 x 800
  Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display: Yes
  Mirror: Off
  Online: Yes
  Built-In: Yes

--
Jamie L. Hanson
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging & Behavior | Child Emotion Research Lab
Email: jamielarshanson at gmail.com
Homepage: http://brainimaging.waisman.wisc.edu/~hanson/