[Neurodebian-users] New travis infrastructure

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Sat Jul 11 14:29:06 UTC 2015

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> Hi Neurodebian,

> Travis is changing the way their infrastructure are managed. In
> particular, apt sources and dependencies are now specified with a
> declarative interface:

> http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/migrating-from-legacy/?utm_source=legacy-notice&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=legacy-upgrade

> I wanted to request to add neurodedian to the file that lists authorized
> sources:
> https://github.com/travis-ci/apt-source-whitelist
> However, based on suggestion from this mailing list, we are using a
> script to select the right mirror:
> http://neuro.debian.net/_files/neurodebian-travis.sh

> This pattern does not transfer to the new framework. I would be
> interested to hear from this crowd what they think the best workaround
> would be.

Hi Gael,

Thanks for looking into this!  I have contacted Travis few years back
about somehow enlisting neurodebian within them, but it wasn't yet the
right time to ask ;)

in the script we are not actually selecting "the right" mirror (as e.g.
now neurodebian package installer or nd-configurerepo tool within would
do based on proximity to the mirrors), but rather enlists two
repositories/mirrors.  This way we wanted to provide better robustness.

Otherwise - there is nothing really different in that script from just
enabling two repositories.

I will submit them a PR asking to add aliases for those both mirrors.

Thanks again and cheers, pass greetings to Michael ;-)