[Neurodebian-users] error in feat (fsl-5.0.9)

Eric Claus eclaus at mrn.org
Mon Apr 11 21:31:41 UTC 2016

Hi all,
We recently updated our linux servers to Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”, and
installed fsl-5.0.9 using the distribution from neurodebian, and have
started to have problems with using feat.  Registration seems to work fine,
but after registration completes, the following error is printed to the
terminal:

sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory

    while executing

"exec sh -c "tail -n 1 $logout" "

    (procedure "fsl:exec" line 87)

    invoked from within

"fsl:exec "${FSLDIR}/bin/feat ${fsfroot}.fsf -D $FD -I $session -prestats"
-b $prestatsTime -h $initID $jobHalt -N feat2_pre -l logs "

    (procedure "firstLevelMaster" line 168)

    invoked from within

"firstLevelMaster $session"

    invoked from within

"if { $done_something == 0 } {

    if { ! $fmri(inmelodic) } {

       if { $fmri(level) == 1 } {

      for { set session 1 } { $session <= $fmri(mult..."

    (file "/usr/share/fsl/5.0/bin/feat" line 387)

Unfortunately, there is nothing in the report_log.html file that indicates
an error, so the analysis just seems to hang and never completes.  I've run
the same model using a machine that has centos 6, and everything seems to
run to completion.  Is there a known solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Eric