[Neurodebian-users] AFNI not available?

Bennet Fauber bennet at umich.edu
Sun Jun 12 19:23:52 UTC 2016

I saw that someone else inquired about AFNI and Ubuntu 16.04, but I'll
reply here.

I don't know its scope -- local, regional, national -- but I believe
there is another 'BrainHack' planned here at Michigan for October.  If
that is more than just local, would getting some of the work done on
the NeuroDebian packages -- AFNI, et al. -- to resolve issues,
especially by and for the Ubuntu users -- be a suitable topic for
that?

>From the References section of http://neuro.debian.net/proj_afni.html
I looked at the three links.

The last activity on Debian, "ITP bug report with information on the
packaging progress." appars to be from Nov 2010.

The last activity at "Git repository with the full source code and the
Debian packaging." appears to be a branch switch by Yaroslav back to
the build branch, prior to which last activity seems to be a year ago.

>From the pages at "List of patches applied to the Debian package (i.e.
the difference to the upstream AFNI source code)." that appears to
have stopped updating about a year ago.

I'm not criticizing, but it seems that quite a bit of time has
elapsed, so I'm wondering if there is anything more up-to-date on the
status porting upstream and/or what would need to be done to make it
so?

I have a busy month or two ahead of me, and I'm only the system
administrator here, but if there are people who are interested in
trying to get this going, I would be willing to help as best I can
starting probably in August.

-- bennet