[Neurodebian-users] Installation issues PTB Octave

Neil Dundon neildundon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:18:24 UTC 2016

Dear all,

The other night I successfully installed and PsychToolbox via Octave on
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit on Oracal VirtualBox 5.0.14.  Exact as instructed:

wget -O- http://neuro.debian.net/lists/trusty.de-md.full | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/neurodebian.sources.list

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu:80 0xA5D32F012649A5A9

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install octave-psychtoolbox-3

I then ran PsychLinuxUpdate in command line octave, and after a reboot,
everything worked fine.

Following this, I reinstalled VirtualBox to another disk space, reinstalled
everything exactly as above and it didn't work.  Any time I try to run
basic PTB functions, e.g., Screen('OpenWindow',0,0);, it gives me the error:

error: /usr/share/octave/site/m/psychtoolbox-3/PsychBasic/Screen.mex:
failed to load: liboctinterp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I've tried on the same flavour of Ubuntu on other VirtualBoxes on other
machines, trying both 32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu, reformatting and
reinstalling several times, exactly as above and always the same errors....

Please put me out of my misery and let me know what bone-head mistake I
keep making!

Neil.